Portland Indian Community - PortlandIndian.com
| | |
Udemy Black Friday Sale! Top Courses From $9.99  


US Citizen - spouse Citizen sponsoring - cancellationa


Share With Your Friends

Note: Any discussions for female friendships should only be responded by females or else we will cancel your membership without any notice.
Start A New Discussion

View Other Discussions

Topic : US Citizen - spouse Citizen sponsoring - cancellationa

Bala S.
Member of NewJerseyIndian.com
City: New port
I want to get some information to cancel the US Citizenship cancellation that my daughter sponsored to her husband, who cheated on her...and applied for Divorce ...it is going to be 3 years shortly....any help or reference to a very strong and good lawyer to do this work is of great help to us. Thanks.

Post Response Add To Favorite

Total Replies: 2

Responses (Total Replies: 2)

Chitra S.
City: Portland
Kahn and Richardson in Albany NY. They are excellent lawyers.518-465-3444. The same thing happened to my cousin. The person who married her left after 3 months. My aunt pursued him, filed a case in court that he had cheated her daughter. After 7 years of a long drawn out court battle, he finally accepted that he had married her for US citizenship. He is still paying her alimony.These cases take time though, and the lawyers mentioned are expensive, but will get the job done. Good luck!

Daljit S.
Member of SeattleIndian.com
City: Bellevue
Well if he successfully removed the conditions then he can get the citizenship after three years with the burden to prove the marriage is still valid. Otherwise he can get his citizenship after five years which you cant do anything unless you know the facts he cheated in terms of paperwork or made statements falsely. As you are telling here he filed the divorce which means they are not living together and the marriage is not in good faith. You can put him in trouble if he files for citizenship after three years of marriage. Make sure you dont disclose any move just forward the information to the local USCIS office or Center. Mention all the information as his full name, DOB, A# if you have and his attentions. Also add your information to make it a valid info.Once the USCIS finds the facts in his application and the information you provided then the burden of proof will go toward him and once the USCIS put the Red Flag on his file then he will be in big trouble. Again this trouble will come if he frauduently files the N-400(Application for Citizenship) after three years of marriage not after five year.Sorry but Welcome to the land of Frees.

View Other Discussions

Disclaimer: All the discussions are posted by individual members of PortlandIndian.com. Any information including your email address, profile name or phone number might remain on the site forever even if you cancel your account so please post only that information which you want other users to see and cached by search engines.  PortlandIndian.com is not responsible for the validity of the content. Please use your own discretion when meeting or conducting a transaction based on this discussion. We are not liable for any damages. 

Meet Local Singles

Shilpa Shanthi

Crazyb C

Sangita Murali
Sangita Murali

Sabaresh Ragupathy

Ron Tyler

kannan prabu
kannan prabu

manoj reddy

Lakshmanan KG


Premium Advertiser
Places of Worship - Portland Balaji Temple (Hindu Educational & Cultural Society Of America )

This is an advertisement


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.