Milk - Milk is nature''s wellness drink. It provides a unique balance of nutrients and is a great source of bone-boosting
calcium. Calcium is extremely beneficial to women''s health as it has unique proportion of carbs, protein, phosphorous
and vitamin D. These nutrients are great for warding off osteoporosis and even prevent symptoms of PMS.
Tips for including more milk or dairy products into your day:
Tomatoes - Tomatoes are another very important and essential food for women's health. It is loaded with anti-oxidant "Lycopene" - a vibrant carotenoid beneficial for women''s health. Women who consume lycopene- rich diets can have as much as 50% lower risk of developing breast cancer and reduce risk of heart disease. It also help lowering down your blood pressure, bad cholesterol levels and even reduce your risk of getting macular degeneration.
- Add milk to your morning cereals, oatmeal or into smoothies.
- Milk can also be taken as an afternoon snack such as milk shakes.
- If you drink a glass of fat free or low fat milk before you go for any party, it fills in your stomach and takes the edge off hunger. It is easy, filling and helps you to make smarter choice on food and drink in the party.
- Milk is an excellent post-exercise beverage as it can refuel the muscles after the workout and is as effectively as any other commercial exercise beverage.
- An old saying - a warm glass of milk before going to bed gives you sound sleep. It is actually true; a poor sleep may increase your risk of chronic diseases and can impair your metabolism.
Walnuts - Walnuts are great for our health, but walnuts have many great individual benefits for women. They are packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, anti-oxidants and phytosterols, which may reduce women''s risk of developing breast cancer and increase the good cholesterol levels in our body. Omega-3 rich nuts also help bone health, arthritis pain and depression. Walnuts also contain other essential nutrients for female health, such as calcium, folic acid and magnesium.
Cranberries - Cranberries are rich in anti-oxidant that helps fend off stomach bugs, colds, and certain types of cancer. Also, help to fight against nasty Urinary Tract Infections, just taking 10 oz. unsweetened juice a day is need to kick UTI infection out of your body.
Spinach - Everyone is aware of wonders of leafy greens like Spinach that is rich in many different vitamins and minerals. But the thing that makes it great for women health is high content of magnesium. Many studies have shown that magnesium can be beneficial in reducing physical symptoms of PMS (including reduction of swelling, breast tenderness and bloating). Spinach is an excellent sources of lot of vitamins such vitamin K, A, C, B2, B6, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium and potassium. Spinach is also a good source of protein, phosphorus, zinc, dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. It is loaded with "flavonoids" which acts as anti-oxidants and protects our body from free radicals. There are at least 13 different flavonoid compounds that act as anti-cancer substance. Spinach is a versatile food - it can be eaten raw in a salad or cooked as rich gravy.
Oats - Oats are great source of soluble and insoluble fiber, vitamin E & B, iron, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, copper and zinc. They are packed with healthy boosting nutrients, many of which great impacts of female health. Its benefits include the following:
- It is best cholesterol lowering foods.
- It contains natural anti-oxidants that can lower risk of heart disease.
- It has cancer fighting properties
- It help relieve constipation
- Increases energy levels
- Good food for those who want to lose weight
- Sooth bloating, indigestion and nervous stomach
Hello Everyone, I am Sunita Gupta. Currently staying Los Angeles. I have variety of hobbies & interests: gardening, green living, alternative health, herbal remedies, good nutrious food, aromatherapy, "whole being wellness"- the list goes on and on. Apart from this like to paint. My art work mainly involves Folk Art from India called "Warli" and Madhubani". I am a fun loving person, like to share jokes with my family and friends. I love watching movies especially the one that can make me laugh :) Thanks again for dropping by and getting to know me a little bit. I appreciate your time spent here. Hope you will enjoy your visit here reading my blogs and find something to benefit you.
Disclaimer: Please use this channel at your own discretion. These articles are contributed by our users. We are not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information of these articles.
View All Contributions